Link about Oregon’s academic standards:
- State Content and Performance Standards. Information
about what kids need to learn and how they need to
perform to meet Oregon’s standards. Oregon
Department of Education
General Oregon Education Links:
National Education Links:
Organizations advocating for high standards:
- Oregon Mentors is a community driven effort which is dedicated to building and supporitng community-wide collaboration to bring quality mentoring to more young people.
- Education Northwest Education Northwest's National Mentoring Center (NMC) provides training and technical assistance to mentoring programs through a variety of services and conferences.
- Public/Private Ventures (PPV) PPV is an action based research, public policy and program development organization. PPV has a variety of mentoring publications.
- ASPIRE is changing the lives of young Oregonians. Trained adult volunteers mentor high school students to help them envision a future of possibilities beyond high school.
- National Mentoring Partnership The National Mentoring Partnership is an advocate for the expansion of mentoring and a resource for mentors and mentoring initiatives nationwide.
- Search Institute
The Search Institute has identified forty building blocks of healthy development that help young people grow up healthy, caring, and responsible