E3 is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1996 by the Oregon Business Council to bring together employers and schools to improve student achievement.
Because education is critical to Oregon's economic future, we promote high academic standards and encourage employers to work directly with students to help prepare them for post-secondary education and the workforce.
What We Believe
How We Help
- An excellent public education system is vital to the social, economic and cultural well-being of Oregon.
- Children deserve an education that prepares them to succeed in school, work and life.
- Schools can not do it alone.
- Employers and the community should and can play an important role in helping schools and students succeed.
- We bring together schools and employers to tackle academic challenges facing their students, we help them develop strategies for success, take action - and hold everyone accountable.
- We work with schools to help them create more personal and effective learning environments.
- We provide leadership, expertise, tools, training, business connections and assistance to help improve learning and student achievement.
The E3 Staff has extensive experience in education and business, and the E3 Leadership Council represent many of Oregon's leading organizations.
E3 is supported by Oregon employers and foundations. See a complete list of Contributors.
E3 is a founding member of the Nonprofit Association of Oregon (NAO).